Over the past 25 years, Quentin Tarantino has established himself as one of the most popular, creative and also beloved filmmakers in the history of cinema.
With the premiere of his new movie The Hateful Eight (2016) just a few months away (the film’s world premiere is scheduled for the 8th January, 2016), I have decided to pay homage to one of my most favorite directors. Without further ado, here are 10 amazing facts about Quentin Tarantino, enjoy:
1. Tarantino was originally going to play Pai Mei in Kill Bill, Vol. 2.
However, he was too immersed in directing to find time to play the part.
2. He came up with the idea for Death Proof after buying a Volvo because he “didn’t want to die in some auto accident like the one in Pulp Fiction(1994)“.
3. Tarantino lost his virginity at 16 (and worked at a video store until he was 26).
Who said that video store clerks aren’t cool?!
4. The Tennessee-born director was planning to direct Never Again, which is the thirteenth episode of the fourth season of The X-Files (1993).
However, he was unable to take part due to a dispute with the Directors Guild of America.
5. Quentin Tarantino was at one point in his life considering to become a novelist.
He said that he tried writing two chapters of a novel about his experiences working at the Video Archives in Manhattan Beach. Moreover, as it can be seen, novelistic narrative techniques bear a strong influence on his distinct filmmaking style.
6. Tarantino is a huge fan of the Half-Lifecomputer game series, and has considered possibilities of directing a movie adaptation!
Well, it looks like me and Mr.Tarantino have similar tastes when it comes to gaming.
7. He was originally offered the chance to directSpeed (1994), Men in Black (1997) and Westworld (2016– ).
However, he turned all three of them down.
8. Quentin Tarantino is very good friends with Paul Thomas Anderson and Sofia Coppola (and he briefly dated her).
Moreover, some controversy erupted due to the pair’s close relations when her film Somewhere (2010) won a prize at the Venice Film Festival, where Tarantino headed the jury.
9. He is named after Burt Reynolds’ character Quint Asper in the Western TV show Gunsmoke (1955-1975).
In addition, Reynolds is one of Tarantino’s favorite actors.
10. Tarantino was the head judge at the 2004 Cannes Film Festival, where Pulp Fiction (1994)won the Palme D’or just ten years earlier.
Source : Viktorio Serdarov , MoviePilot.com
This post has already been read 2669 times!